Evaluation Instrument for AccreditationJan 19, 2022, 16:59 PM
INTERNATIONAL ADDENDAFeb 20, 2023, 23:40 PM
INTRODUCTIONMar 20, 2022, 20:45 PM
TABLESFeb 17, 2022, 11:24 AM
DOMAIN III: RESEARCHER AND RESEARCH STAFFFeb 9, 2022, 14:15 PM
DOMAIN II: INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD OR ETHICS COMMITTEEJan 20, 2022, 11:37 AM
DOMAIN I: ORGANIZATIONJan 19, 2022, 17:01 PM
STANDARD I-9Jan 27, 2022, 15:15 PM
STANDARD I-8Jan 27, 2022, 14:26 PM
STANDARD I-7Jan 27, 2022, 13:17 PM
STANDARD I-6Jan 27, 2022, 12:59 PM
STANDARD I-5Jan 21, 2022, 18:03 PM
STANDARD I-4Jan 19, 2022, 17:22 PM
STANDARD I-3Jan 19, 2022, 17:21 PM
STANDARD I-2Jan 19, 2022, 17:20 PM
STANDARD I-1Jan 19, 2022, 17:02 PM
Resources: For Accreditation - Evaluation Instrument
Evaluation Instrument for AccreditationDownload as PDF
Latest Update: May 15, 2022
Table of Contents
USE OF THE EVALUATION INSTRUMENT FOR ACCREDITATIONTHE FIVE SECTIONS OF ELEMENTS AND STANDARDSGLOSSARY OF TERMSSUMMARY OF REVISIONSDOMAIN I: ORGANIZATION
STANDARD I-1STANDARD I-3STANDARD I-4 STANDARD I-5 STANDARD I-6 STANDARD I-7 STANDARD I-8 STANDARD I-9DOMAIN II: INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD OR ETHICS COMMITTEE
ELEMENT I.1.A ELEMENT I.1.B ELEMENT I.1.C. ELEMENT I.1.D ELEMENT I.1.E. ELEMENT I.1.F. ELEMENT I.1.G. ELEMENT I.1.H.STANDARD I-2
STANDARD II-1 STANDARD II-2DOMAIN III: RESEARCHER AND RESEARCH STAFF
ELEMENT II.2.A. ELEMENT II.2.B. ELEMENT II.2.C. Element II.2.D. Element II.2.E. Element II.2.F. Element II.2.G. Element II.2.H. Element II.2.I.STANDARD II-3
ELEMENT II.3.A. ELEMENT II.3.B. ELEMENT II.3.C. ELEMENT II.3.D. ELEMENT II.3.E. ELEMENT II.3.F. ELEMENT II.3.G.STANDARD II-4 STANDARD II-5
STANDARD III-1TABLES INTERNATIONAL ADDENDA
ELEMENT III.1.A. ELEMENT III.1.B. ELEMENT III.1.C. ELEMENT III.1.D. ELEMENT III.1.E. ELEMENT III.1.F. ELEMENT III.1.G.STANDARD III-2
ELEMENT I.5.B.: The organization conducts audits or surveys or uses other methods to assess the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Human Research Protection Program. The organization identifies strengths and weaknesses of the Human Research Protection Program and makes improvements, when necessary, to increase the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the program.
An organization’s quality improvement program should include measures of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness to evaluate the performance of the HRPP. The organization should use results from the quality improvement program to design and implement improvements.
The organization should collect objective data through audits, surveys, or other methods and use the data to make improvements and monitor quality, efficiency, and effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
Regulatory and guidance references
Required written materials
- Essential requirements:
- The organization has a quality improvement plan that periodically assesses the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the HRPP.
- The plan states the goals of the quality improvement plan with respect to achieving targeted levels of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the HRPP.
- The plan defines at least one objective of quality, efficiency, or effectiveness.
- The plan defines at least one measure of quality, efficiency, or effectiveness.
- The plan describes the methods to assess quality, efficiency, and effectiveness and make improvements.
Common types of materials that may be used to meet the element
- Quality improvement plan
- Audits, surveys, or other data collection tools
- Evaluation reports
- The organization:
- Identifies targets for quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the HRPP.
- Plans improvements based on measures of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Implements planned improvements.
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness of improvements.
Proceed To: ELEMENT I.5.C.