Resources: For Accreditation - Metrics on HRPP Performance
Metrics on HRPP Performance
AAHRPP is pleased to present the 2022 metrics for Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) performance. AAHRPP provides these data to help research organizations, researchers, sponsors, government agencies, and participants identify and support high-performing practices for HRPPs.
These metrics are collected from Annual Reports, as well as Step 1 and Step 2 applications, submitted by accredited organizations. All the quantitative data were derived from the most recent reports by AAHRPP organizations.
The metrics include data about:
- the types of organizations accredited
- what regulations and guidelines organizations apply
- the number of active studies organizations have
- types of funding that support research organizations conduct, review, or manage
- how many IRBs or ECs organizations support
- IRB/EC review times
- IRB staffing and budgets
- audits of researchers and IRBs/ECs
- unresolved complaints and determinations of serious or continuing noncompliance and unanticipated problems