Education, News & Events: Webinars
Introducing Research Ethics Action Collaborative for HRPPs (REACH), an initiative spearheaded by the MRCT Center, AAHRPP, PRIM&R, and Mass General Brigham. This effort aims to curate, align, and disseminate tools to advance access to and inclusion in clinical research—for all potential participants–tailored for Institutional Review Boards (IRBs), Human Research Protection Programs (HRPPs), and the broader community.
We invite you to join an engaging webinar scheduled for Thursday, March 7 from 12 – 1:00 PM ET. This interactive session will explain the motivation behind this effort and explore actionable strategies to operationalize inclusion efforts in HRPPs.
The key discussion points include:
- Making the Case for Leadership: Understand the significance of integrating inclusion and accessibility within HRPPs and explore effective ways to articulate a compelling case that resonates with stakeholders and leadership.
- Establishing a Roadmap for Change: Delve into the process of creating a roadmap for change, navigating institutional processes, and garnering leadership buy-in to ensure a sustainable and impactful implementation of inclusion in HRPPs.
- Presenting Resources: Explore resources available to IRBs, HRPPs, and institutions currently freely available, and provide a means for attendees to identify additional tools needed for this work.
- Soliciting Examples: Hear from participants about successful practices and strategies implemented within their respective institutions, fostering a dynamic exchange of insights and best practices.
Join us in this collective endeavor to actively strategize and operationalize efforts within IRBs and HRPPs.
In response to federal agencies actions that created a single IRB environment (e.g., the National Institutes of Health policy and revisions to the Common Rule), human research protection programs (HRPPs) evolved to meet these new conditions. An expected regulatory change (i.e., updates to US Food and Drug Administration, FDA, regulations) will further drive HRPPs to adapt to single IRB.
This webinar will explore the current single IRB landscape and its effects on organizations, as well as what further evolution we may see if (likely when) the US FDA regulations go into effect. Our speakers will discuss what processes and policies organizations have developed that work well for single IRB review in addition to identifying emerging issues and field trends for HRPPs.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe key responsibilities AAHRPP’s Standard I-9 outlines for accredited organizations related to single IRB review
- Recognize critical challenges that single IRB presents for HRPPs and their potential solutions
- Identify opportunities that arise for organizations when adapting to single IRB
"Ask AAHRPP" is a live webinar opportunity to get your questions about accreditation answered by AAHRPP staff and special guests. "Ask AAHRPP" webinars spotlight each step in the accreditation process, such as conducting a self-assessment, putting together an accreditation application, how AAHRPP evaluates materials and practice, responding to reports and requests, and maintaining AAHRPP accreditation.
Save these dates for the remaining 2024 "Ask AAHRPP" webinar series:
Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 3:00 pm ET: Evaluation of Written Materials
Tuesday, June 11, 2024, 3:00 pm ET: Evaluation of Practice – What to Expect for the Site Visit
Tuesday, August 13, 2024, 3:00 pm ET: Responding to the Draft Site Visit Report
Tuesday, October 8, 2024, 3:00 pm ET: Council on Accreditation Review
Tuesday, December 10, 2024, 3:00pm ET: Response to Council Review and Maintaining Accreditation
Click below to register for the April 9, 2024 webinar: